Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A First



The first yes finally the first blow out win of The Jim Zorn Era. Oh how satisfying it was. Honestly the reason it was so utterly satisfying was because even though it was the Raiders who mind you have beaten respectful teams this season includinig the Eagles and Bengals it was a dominating performance with tons of key players and Pro Bowlers that were still missing. This team has really played hard and really stuck together. And yes we are way out of the playoff hunt but that does not mean these next three have no value. We have the opportunity to ruin playoff opportunities to two rival divisional opponents. Absolutely can't wait to have the Giants and Eagles back in Fedex to embarrass them. And yes I said it. We will beat one of these two teams if not both of them. To hell with it WE WILL beat both of them. Yes it is easy for me to say that.. the Redskins have played good solid football for about a month now and yes the Cowboys are slumping, and the Giants defense just got rained on by Philly. So what at 4-9 the Redskins in my opinion are a team you don't won't to face. They are scary because there is nothing to lose and there is everything to gain if I were a Giants or Cowboy fan. I could really go into the offseason with a smile on my face if we came away with these next three games. Now hold up now Trevor what about our draft picks. You know what I have to say to any so called "Redskin fan" who sits there and hope for us to lose? F- You. That tears me up that a person that calls themselves a Skins fan and roots for that. I want to build, I want momentum into next season, and I want this team to really feel confident that we can win. I for one know that Jim Zorn is most likely gone, and by past history Jason Campbell might be gone (which would be an epic mistake by the way). However over the past month I have really seen this team shine and click. Honestly the past few weeks I expect the offense to put up points. I expect the defense to make stops. That is because we have really shown up and played some good football. Now to some give some love to the players that really shined last Sunday.

Jason Campbell- I can't stop giving this guy love. Honestly he is becoming one of my favorite Redskins and I will be very upset if Danny and Vinny show him the door at the end of this season. 2nd game in a row he has over a 100 QB rating, absolutely solid Jason keep it up !

Ganther and Mason- Again Ganther just runs hard and pushes piles I love it. That is Redskins football that I missed. He got 2 well deserved TD's in his first professional start which is awesome. Mason impresses me with his hard and quick running I really have been impressed with both of these guys.

Gano- made 2 FG's and crushed some kickoffs. Great start to what hopefully might become a consistent kicker for the Skins which we most desperately need. Good job.

London Fletcher- Put this man in the PRO BOWL! Second in the NFL in tackles, he is the coach of the defense on the field, an absolute stud who doesn't show boat and deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. I will be so upset for this guy if he doesn't make it this year. The NFL is such a popularity contest it's awful.

Brain Orakpo and Andre Carter- I brought Brian Orakpo up last week for Def. Rookie of the Year. I was told he was 3rd. Well after his dominating performance Sunday I should think he has got this award all but wrapped up. Great job Brian 4 sacks! Hasn't been done by a Rookie since 1987 impressive stuff. He is the future of this defense. Andre great job as well really got after it and is tied with Orakpo with 11 sacks on the year. As of right now Brian and Andre are no. 1 in the league in tandem sack counts. Oh and by the way Albert Haynesworth wasn't playing and this team banged out 8 sacks which has only happened 5 times for the Redskins. Wow. Oh and Lorenzo Alexander is sick he has impressed me so much filling roles in the defensive line and on special teams with those hard hits.

Other than that this team really played well and dominated. I'm very happy for Jim and the whole team they really deserved a win like this. I'm excited for these next few weeks. The next two games are prime time and they will be very hype. We can win if we play the way we have been playing I guarantee it. Great win Skins keep it up. I'm out.

Hail From Haupt!

No comments:

Post a Comment