Monday, November 16, 2009

We Won


I took a break from this blogging thing not because I wanted to just because well I was tired of writing the same stuff week after week. The Redskins obviously have been embarrassing and it was getting ridiculous seeing the same problems over and over. Well we beat the Broncos and actually looked fairly good but heres my Thumbs up and Thumbs down for the game.


Thumbs Up:


Ladell Betts! Great job. The Redskins finally proved that this offense does not revolve around Clinton Portis. I like Portis I have no problems with him except this proves that Portis isn't as great as everyone expects him to be. And to be completely honest why did Betts get any kind of hate before these last two games! The kid can run the football. He not only runs, hard but he runs with a chip on his shoulder, and he protects the ball. Betts played his ass off yesterday alongside Rock Cartwright who also ran the ball solid.


Recievers: I was so pleased to see that everyone was making contributions on offense. It was awesome to see Fred Davis, Malcom Kelly, and DT making some plays out there. I loved how Jason spread the ball around to these guys which really helped our running attack develop during the game.


Danny Smith: What an insane fake field goal! I loved it. We took a timeout to run it which made it even more ridiculous but what a play. At that point in the game I honestly think Redskin fans wanted to give Hunter Smith a snap or two at QB haha. Joke only. But seriously nice throw Hunter it was money.


Orakpo: The kid impresses me every week. I love him why isn't he a DE i'll never know but he is showing a great impact and he will be the future of this defense.



Thumbs Down:


Pass Defense: Letting a guy wide open for a TD one time... okay it happens. Letting it happen twice not acceptable. Your an NFL defense, the #1 pass defense supposedely, you can't let that happen ever. Pathetic. If it wasn't for our offense holding the ball so long, and Orton getting hurt this game would have went the other way.


Sean Suisham: Yes you made your field goals congrats thats your job. But 2 kick offs out of bounds to give Denver great field position that just plain sucks. You get paid a lot of money to keep it between the goal posts, and to keep it inbounds. What do you do at practice everyday??



Secondary: I honestly can't harp on this enough. Carlos Rodgers just isn't getting it done. I'm glad he got benched even though it was for Smoot who I can't stand either. Reed Doughty besides the fumble recovery looked out of the loop the entire day. The whole secondary really just didn't play well. They picked up some slack later but those 2 big plays really hurt us.


Run Defense: If the Redskins offense did not keep the Time of Possession on their side yesterday, the Broncos would have won this game. They ran down our throats all game long. I'm sorry but with all the money we spent on this line why the hell can we not stop the run?



Besides everything we won the game, and actually looked pretty good. The O-line who I hate on every week did not play that great to other team standards but for us they played solid. Only 3 sacks allowed isn't bad considering the structure of our line at the moment. Great win Skins lets keep it up!


Hail from Haupt

No comments:

Post a Comment