Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 4: Redskins 16 Bucs 13

Well I guess we can used to these grind it out victories against okay oppenents. But a wins a win I guess I have come to expect it. Another season it looks of mediocre football from the Skins. Here are my up's and downs from today.

The Bad:

Jason Campbell: The first half was horrible from the start. Opening drive fumble that put the Bucs up 7-0. Three INTs to the same player... Picked it up in the second half with some solid throws but today was very inconsistent.

Jim Zorn: Once again some of the play calling is still baffling me. I'm over bitching about this week in and week out but when is this going to pick up??

Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas: Where the hell are you two?? I love watching Sportscenter with Hakeem Nicks with touchdowns every week and these rookies owning the league just to see our 2 second rounders lay another goose egg. I just don't understand. You guys have to get open PLEASE. It almost feels like the offense only revolves around Cooley, Moss, Portis, and Campbell.

The Good!

Clinton Portis: Yes you didn't run for a million yards today but you ran very hard. You played your ass off and you definetely deserve credit.

Santana Moss and Chris Cooley: Thank god you can cause seperation and score points please teach DT and MK, oh and Fred Davis.

Defense: What can I say great game today. Blache way to call blitzes and get pressure. I think all around the D played pretty well.

Reed Doughty: Played his ass off today, made some solid, pure tackles and really played inspired. He was all over the place today.

There were definetely some more positives about the game but those were the main ones I believe. Overall the game was still a little unsatisfying but I've come to expect this. However be glad that they missed those 2 field goals or it would have been an L. There is so much for this team to work on they don't look like a team right now. They need to execute better, bring more weapons to the offense, be more creative and try and get Portis to break out. The defense has to keep playing well and THANK YOU for sitting out Smoot most of the game. Tryon played great today and I'm the biggest Tryon skeptic but he proved me wrong today great job! Also shout out to Jarmon our supplemental pick, awesome job to seal the game with that fumble. We still need to keep winning and I'm praying some offensive change is coming. In the mean time enjoy the win Skin's fans. Have a great Monday!

Hail From Haupt

No comments:

Post a Comment