Monday, September 21, 2009

Jim Zorn


After being able to sleep on the Rams game a bit more I started wondering more and more about the Redskins struggles. Now before I go on about my main topic in Jim Zorn let me bring up an issue I was hearing about the fans booing after the game. Robert Henson a rookie already showed displeasure toward Redskin fans on his Twitter. Chris Cooley also showed displeasure about the fan's response. However I can't take the players side in this. This is what fans do. In D.C it is tough this isn't the Miami Dolphins. Redskin Faithful spend hundreds of dollars, on overpriced tickets, beer, food, parking passes, jerseys, all so these guys on the sideline who don't play for example Robert Henson to make his way over inflated, unearned rookie salary. And he has the nerve to blast fans for booing after the offense put up 9 points on a team that I guarantee is in the running for the #1 draft pick next April. I'm sticking up for the fans in this one. The Seahawks who are not going to the Superbowl I guarantee it beat the Rams by 28 points last week??!!!! Whats the reason we can't do that?? Why can't we punch it in? It's simple its Jim Zorn. This was the game that clearly showed are lack of solid play calling in the redzone. It was pathetic no other words can describe it. If the Redskins and Jim Zorn are happy with 3 field goals on quite possible the worst team in the league then we have a long season ahead. The 9-7 victory doesn't even feel like a win it actually feels like a loss in a weird way. Like I said yesterday its sooooo unsatisfying . It's like eating your favorite food at a restaurant and your eating it thinking yeah its ok but damn not for what I'm paying for it, its not good at all. I agree with Chris Cooley after the game he said were so close to breaking out, so close to punching it in. They are a confident team and I do like that. But let me say this I loved how our offense moved the ball yesterday. I think Jason looked great, and I mean confident, stepping up in the pocket, throwing the ball on a rope. He looked really good, and so did Chris, Portis, Randel El and so on. Jim Zorn was the problem yesterday, he takes no accountability for his mistakes in the play calling. One thing i loved and respected about my favorite coach of all time Joe Gibbs... he called out his mistakes. He took blame for what he did wrong, and thats what Jim has to learn. Sometimes it is your fault. Jason and the offense were playing well enough yesterday to throw atleast 24 points on the board. I'm venting because I can't stand this anymore. Redskin fans love this team to much, spend way to much energy, time, finances to support this team just to get a nail biting performance every week. Can we PLEASE get a win that is comfortable and doesn't have me sitting on the couch sweating to beat the Rams. Props to the Defense hell of a job. Horton played nasty, Albert was clogging up holes. We played very good which is what I expect out of them. Now Zorn needs to step in and put these guys who are obviously capable and talented in a position to be successful in the redzone. Until we start doing that it is going to be a long year.
Hail from Haupt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment